We would like to thank you for your patience during the Covid-19 pandemic whilst our Nurses (Health Visitors and School Nurses) have been following NHS guidance and helping to tackle the spread of this coronavirus.
You may not have seen us as often as usual and in light of new guidance, we are happy to announce that we have started to resume a more normal service.
If you are expecting a baby you will receive a letter inviting you to contact us to book an antenatal appointment, this is in addition to your Midwife appointments.
When your baby is between 10-14 days old you will receive a telephone call from a Health Visitor to discuss coming to visit you at home for your new birth visit.
A Health Visitor will contact you again by telephone when your baby is between 6-8 weeks old. Please note: If your baby was 6-8 weeks old during the lockdown we will be calling you over the coming weeks however, please bear with us while we try to reach all of you as quickly as possible.
Your baby should still have their 8 week GP check and receive their primary immunisations, you should book this with your GP.
We are continuing to send your child’s ASQ (Ages and Stages Questionnaire) at 1 year and 2 to 2 and a half years old by post. Please complete and return to us and a member of staff will contact you to discuss your child’s development.
If your child has been referred to us by their school, the School Nurses will liaise with school for your child and contact you to discuss your child’s health assessment and the best way to support them.
Our Well Baby Clinics remain closed due to social distancing restrictions.
Our Nurses use a variety of platforms to contact you, for example – telephone and zoom.
Please get in touch with us if you need to speak to a Health Visitor, School Nurse or Community Nursery Nurse – call 0300 330 5777, email: email@example.com or you can contact us through our live chat function on this website.
Other helpful information for this time:
- Healthy Start vitamins remain available from us, please contact us to arrange a collection time.
- In addition to telephone contact with us for Breastfeeding support when you need it, we are opening a virtual Breastfeeding clinic from Thursday 6th August 2020. This will be a weekly virtual clinic between 2pm – 4pm. If you would like to book an appointment, please contact us via our live chat function or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you would prefer to have a telephone discussion instead of a virtual one, please contact us as above and a member of staff will call you.
- Special COVID-19 message for parents – what to do if your child is injured or unwell.
- Good Thinking UK is free for Londoners to access and provides support to those who feel anxious, sleep deprived, stressed or sad. For support with Coronavirus and your mental health visit good-thinking.uk/coronavirus/
- Right2Food – the Children’s Right2Food Campaign is a nationwide initiative to ensure every child in the UK can access and afford good food. Covid has shone a spotlight on the scale of children’s food poverty in the UK. Young people are calling for government to act now on their Charter: foodfoundation.org.uk/childrens-right-to-food-campaign.