Resources for schools, GPs and other healthcare professionals
Contact Details for other Services in Bexley
Adult Community Health Services
Bexley Youth Offending Team (YOT)
Bexley YOT is responsible for providing and co-ordinating local Youth Justice Services for children and young people aged between 10 and 17 who are offending or who are at risk of offending. bexley.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=360
Bexley Youth Offending Team (YOT) – contact details
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) – Bexley
Highpoint House, Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital, Shooters Hill, London, SE18 3RZ http://www.oxleas.nhs.uk/services/service/child-and-adolescent-mental-2/
Children and young peoples health services
Children’s Eye Clinic Bexley
020 8302 2678
Easy read health information
Health – How to get help in a crisis
Health information for families and carers
Learning disabilities services – Health
Mental Health Services
We provide local NHS services in south London and Kent that take care of the whole person – body and mind. oxleas.nhs.uk/about-us/
Patient Advice and Liason Service (PALS)
Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust, Pinewood House, Pinewood Place, Dartford Kent, DA2 7WG 0800 917 7159 | email@example.com
Voluntary sector contacts
Family Lives – Family Support Service for Bexley
Family Lives is a national charity providin an Early Years Family Support Service in Bexley through a range of time limited targeted interventions; support to families with children 0 – 5 and their siblings up to 11 years.
Located within the 3 Children and Family Centres – St Augustine’s, Danson and West Street.
- Home visiting family support delivered by trained volunteers
- Parenting workshops and programmes
Bexley Open Doors Mentoring Programme
Bexley Open Doors is new mentoring programme funded by LBB. It supports YP aged 10 – 18 who are experiencing poor academic attainment. Delayed personal and social development, sexual exploitation, substance misuse, truancy/gang involvement, anti-social and criminal activity
Located at: Danson Youth & Community Centre
0208 301 2969
Crossroad Care South East London
Support to carers of children/young people, adults and older people with physical disability, learning disability, mental health, sensory impairment, complex needs, dementia.
- Respite care, short breaks, packages of care, overnight services, personal care, supported living.
Bexley Adolescent Support Service (BASS)
Service to support YP aged 10 – 18 yrs at risk of exclusion, with poor attendance in education, poor behaviour in education, with family events and/or DV impacting on education.
BASS do not take direct referrals – they have to go through the Youth & Inclusion Service: YOTTeam@bexley.gov.uk or call 0203 045 5073
- One to one support
Provides the following services:
- Befriending service to YP identified through social care
- Low level counselling service via Bexley CAMHS to YP experiencing anxiety or depression
- Group work for socially isolated YP
Bexley Young Carers (Imago)
0300 111 1110
- Support for young carers aged 8 – 18 caring for a family member due to that person having a disability, long term health condition, mental health issue or substance misuse issue
- Home visit, assessments and review of support
- One to one support
- School support groups
- Chill clubs – social groups for young carers
- Respite activities such as workshops, outings and visits
Cruse Bereavement Care (Bexley & Bromley)
0208 304 5245
- Support, advice and information to anyone affected by bereavement.
Bexley Women’s Aid
0208 301 1536
Helpline: 0208 301 1536
Provides the following services:
- Helpline: open from 9.30am – 3.00pm, Monday – Friday to provide support, information & signposting on issues related to DV
- Community outreach: support groups and one to one advice sessions are available for women in the community to help them deal with the effects of DV. Drop-ins take place at Erith Baptist Church Hall (Queen Street, Erith DA8 1LB) every Thursday (term time only) from 10.00am – 12 noon and at Slade Green Big Local Office (15, Rodeo Close, Slade Green, DA8 2QB) every Wednesday (term time only) from 10.00am – 12 noon. One stop shop at Citizen’s Advice Bureau (42 Pier Rd, Erith DA8 1TA) every Monday from 1 – 4pm.
- Support Groups: Assertiveness and Confidence course – runs for 6 weeks with crèche. Freedom Programme runs for 12 weeks, 6 weeks parenting group (crèche provided).
- Children’s outreach: supports CYP who have witnesses DV – one to one support and group work.
BCU Life Skills Centre
0208 301 3187
Trinity Baptist Church, Trinity Place, Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 7AY
- Women’s Project – Thursdays 10.30 – 1.00pm. Support group with free crèche and children’s lunch. Individual counselling also available
- Counselling – Thursday and Fridays
- Friday drop-in from 10.30 – 1.00pm – free hot lunch
- Guidance/signposting – specialist support around welfare and benefits, legal, health. Info is also available on training, further education
- Courses – First aid, paediatric first aid, basic food hygiene, self-esteem and confidence building, health & safety.
OTHER USEFUL SERVICES:
The Bexley Youth Advice Centre
233 Broadway, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 7EJ
0203 045 5555
- Support, advice and guidance on a wide range of topics for young people aged 13 – 19 (up to 25 for YP with additional needs).
- A ‘one step’ source of self-help information about a range of conditions and mental health for young peole. Access to an one line mental health screening provides individual advice and information, may also provide the option to self-refer directly to local Children & YP’s health services. Run by Oxleas.
The Oxleas Mental Health Urgent Advice Line
0800 330 8590
Urgent mental health advice residents in Bexley, Bromley & Greenwich
Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre
0808 802 999 (FREEPHONE)
- Rape crisis South London, support for girls and women from 14 uears old who have experienced rape, sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse. Open 12 – 2.30pm and 7 – 9.30 daily
- Library Services for Young Children
- Rhyme time sessions for babies and toddlers
- Stay and Play sessions for toddlers
- Story times