During this time you may want some additional ideas to support your child and below are some websites that may be of use. The most important thing is you keep yourself and your child safe at this time and we would suggest that you find activities that you and your child enjoy doing. Always follow the advice from NHS and the Government in relation to coronavirus and how to stay safe.
We know this is a worrying time for everyone, and that you may have particular concerns if you are pregnant or have a baby. The Lullaby Trust have put together advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and caring for your baby that is currently available in the video below- you can also read more and keep up to date on their website by clicking here.
More useful information regarding support and advice during the pandemic…
- Information for families about how to stay well during social distancing: rcot.co.uk/staying-well-when-social-distancing
- Information for parents of children with life limiting conditions: togetherforshortlives.org.uk/get-support/supporting-you/family-resources/coronavirus-qa
- Short film to support parents of neuro-diverse children during COVID-19 pandemic: youtube.com/watch?v=dXPtqmHKNoE
Information packs and guidance:
- Amaze – information pack for parents: amazesussex.org.uk/faqs-about-the-coronavirus-for-parent-carers-of-children-with-send-brighton-hove
- For parents and carers of children and young people who have special educational needs and disability (SEND), facing uncertainties around how COVID-19 is impacting on your family: bit.ly/SENDMatters-COVID019
- Carers UK – Guidance for carers: carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
- Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic: mindheart.co/descargables
Links and websites:
- National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents, young people and staff: autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/coronavirus
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
- Young Minds – Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus